Friday, August 10, 2012

Taiwan Travels

Sorry I'm so slow in posting.  I'm writing most of this 5 days after it happened....  I was busy and since other stuff happened this week there's gonna be another post tomorrow morning and this post is gonna be the longest and most pictureful post ever.  I don't actually know why I took so many photos...

We all met up to get on the bus and since it was a very long bus ride, the TA suggested we sing some karaoke.  He also had the birthdays of everyone and he saw someone's birthday is that day(August 4th), then he saw that my birthday was the day before and someone had a birthday that was 2 days before that.  He decided the people with the birthdays had to sing some karaoke but I, being a sly little boy, avoided it.  It was nice listening to people sing.  There was this Japanese guy who sang a chinese song and he sounded real nice.  The TA also could sing pretty well, but there were some people who were just horrible.
We first went to Neiwan which is the most touristy tourist trap ever.  The only people there were tourists and people selling stuff to tourists.  There were houses nearby but I don't think any of the people who lived in those houses ever went to the place we went.  There were arcades, go carts, and people selling the most ridiculous toys ever but there were a few nice places.  The bridge was really nice mostly because it wobbled and it was fun to stand on.  Another nice place was the temple.  I've been to many temples in Hong Kong and Singapore but this is the first one where I saw no one there and of course that was where I was at most of the time.  The place is so tiny.  If we were there for an hour I would've though it was too much time but we were there for three...  There wasn't even anywhere to shop(other than those toys), I couldn't even pretend to look at things I would never buy.  So I spent most of my time there at the temple and the 7 11.  It is a very nice temple but it's not worth just going there for the temple.
(I wrote most of the stuff up to here the day after going on the trip, but since I have Alzheimer's I might leave out stuff for the rest of the travels)
The cool wobbly bridge.
  
View from the cool wobbly bridge.  I think that river might have been dry if the typhoon hadn't come.

Then we went to Leofoo park which is like a mini Disney without the copyrighted stuff.  It's tiny.  Me and a couple people went on a bunch of rides and walked through it in only two hours, but of course we had to stay for six or was it seven... my memory is failing me.  The rides are really short too.  At night there was fireworks and some show but since I was too short and all the taller people were standing in front of me, I couldn't see most of the show but the fireworks were nice.
Remember how I said that someone's birthday was that day?  So some people wanted to go to celebrate.  I wanted to sleep since I was tired and it was 10:30ish when we got to the hotel but the problem was he was my roommate for the hotel so it would be rude of me not to go, but it ended up fine because they went for dinner first then karaoke to get drunk.  It was his 18th birthday and 18 is the legal drinking age in Taiwan so... yeah...  Anyways I just went to dinner and then went to sleep and all I know was he came back drunk.

The next day was a much better day.  We went for lunch and then to mold clay in some area in Taiwan that is famous of pottery.  We did hand mold and machine.  I completely failed the spinning machine one.  I couldn't get the clay to be symmetrical and all the bowls I made were not nice so I ended up giving up.  My hand made isn't that great either but oh well.  We had the option of having it fired so we can keep it but I decided my creations were not worthy of it.
My pencil holder with other less cool pencil holders in the background.

Pencil holder that is now so much cooler. 

After the clay making we could walk around until dinner.  The place where we ate was really fancy(paid for by school of course) and I actually took pictures of food.  The amount of pictures I've taken is ridiculous.  I'm becoming like a tourist and taking pictures of everything(at least none of pictures include me in them).  After eating I walked around the place and there was some really nice stuff, but I didn't take pictures because I don't know if store owners want me to take pictures of their merchandise.
This is actually fish.  It was really good fish.

This is one of the beset desserts I've ever eaten.  It's so good but I have no idea what it is.

I feel like I'm leaving stuff out but oh well, this isn't a detailed autobiography.  This isn't even an autobiography...
Although I said this is the longest post, I'm not actually sure if it is.  I don't have a word count of everything and I don't feel like looking back to check word counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment