Sunday, July 22, 2012

Singapore Day 1

I arrived in Singapore yesterday morning at around 6:40am and the very nice man Kok Xuan picked me up from the airport.  He took me to the hotel and I tried to check in but it was too early and the guy at the front desk said the room would be ready at 10ish so we walked around.  We went to some empty mall because no stores open at 9am on Sunday then we walked to another empty mall and then I think we walked into another empty mall... I'm not sure if it was 2 empty malls or 3 empty malls. After all that empty mall walking we went back and I checked in at the hotel and he left.
At around lunch time Oriana and Elizabeth said they would come get me.  I ate something that was really good but don't remember what it was called....  and I learned the pastime of some people is standing in a queue...  After we ate, Oriana had to go so Elizabeth and I went to a bunch of museums.  First museum we went to was National Museum of Singapore and I learned a lot about Singapore since I had a good tour guide and nothing about Ukrainian gold.  After that we went to the Peranakan Museum.  There was some very cool stuff.  The beads sewn into the shoes and cloth was amazing.
We met Pris and Valerie for dinner at some place that had free flow drinks and ice cream.  I ordered some dumplings but I wasn't really hungry.  I went to get my drink but it took 10 years to fill up the cup since the drink I wanted came out a tiny stream and every other drink came out a giant stream... After we ate they made plans for me for the rest of the week.  Then we went to get some snacks and bread for breakfast(I'm actually eating it as a type this).  After that I was getting tired so we walked to my hotel(It's amazing that I wasn't tired until then).
And that's day 1.
I bet you wanna know how early I woke up today, too bad today is day 2 and this post about day 1 so i'll leave all of you guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment