Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Done with finals

I finished my finals yesterday, yay!  Can't go home until thursday boo...
My computer science textbook has random facts in it that kind of have to deal with CS but sometimes don't.  One of these is random stuff is the Flesch Kincaid readability test and microsoft word calculates that for you.  It's kinda a hidden setting but oh well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_test
Oh and my textbook said that tax filing documents have a readability index of -6...

Some interesting stuff happened, the higgs boson is almost maybe discovered...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16158374
Yeah a bbc link because cnn is horrible and fox uhh fox and news is like oil and water... and I don't read nyt
Of course no one would really care about this because it's physics... but physics is phun(haha).
This is exciting stuff because the LHC was pretty much built to look for that...
Particle accelerators are pretty cool.  You can make other elements with slower collisions.  Did you know it's possible to make radioactive gold? too bad making it costs so much more that the cost of gold.

Oh and the Flesh reading ease of this blog post excluding this sentence and everything after it is 68.4.  Now if I only followed grammar rules then what I write would actually be readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment