This is awesome http://www.stroustrup.com/whitespace98.pdf
I know most of you won't know what it's talking about but it's amazing. This is why you should all learn a programming language, to understand this paper. Preferably C++ because it's the best.
I went to HackPrinceton last weekend, it's at Princeton if you couldn't tell. It was really fun but I slept for like no time and didn't even finish the hack. I was working with a few people on Leap Motion and we got to keep it afterwards. We were gonna use it with reddit but we had lots of problems... None of us knew python well and all reddit API was in python unless I'm blind and couldn't find the C++ stuff. I should learn how to do python method calls in C++.
We started coding at like 10ish or 9?. Sometime before sunrise the next day(I didn't sleep that night) I managed to get reddit upvote and downvote on a hardcoded link to work with a upward motion and downward motion on the Leap Motion. Then the group just died... and we stopped doing stuff. Well it kinda died a bit before that but yeah... It was pretty badly organized group. Someone in the group ended up making a website that would grab photos with #hackprinceton or maybe another hashtag, don't remember.
There was an olympic ping pong player that came to play with us. Whoever lasted the longest got a prize. People were given the option to serve or let her serve, I have no idea why they let her serve... she just aced everyone who picked that... I just watched and it was hilarious.
uhhh I also ate a lot of food and slept like nothing even though I did like nothing... yeah thats about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment