Monday, August 26, 2013

I Lied

For anyone who read that comment that said this took months to write, that's a lie.  This probably won't/didn't(I just mixed past and future tense it's amazing) take more than an hour.
Did you know president Obama visited my university on friday? well now you know.

Over the summer I tried coding stuff.  I tried writing chess but I kept redesigning it because I didn't like how things were working on the inside and as a result I never wrote an interface and half of the code does not exist... and the rest is mostly untested...  but it's all commented because commenting is good.
I also wrote blackjack with a friend.  It's runable.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/962478/blackjack.rar
There's the code and a .exe if you want to try it.  If you have windows I assume you don't have a C compiler so just double click the .exe and hope it doesn't crash and burn and if it does then you'll have to download stuff.  If you have linux based then... if you don't know how to compile C code I have no idea why you're using a linux based OS...  If you have a mac this is just annoying, I thought it came with make but you have to install stuff.  The .exe will probably crash and burn if you try running it so that's not recommended.  If you actually are using a mac and really want to try it then tell me and i'll figure out how to make it work.

I went to Canada sometime at the end July.  I took picture but I'm too lazy to upload them so they won't be uploaded anytime soon.

The DMV mailed me a new driver's licence that doesn't say under 21 so I am actually over 21 :)

I think that's everything I did over the summer.

2 comments:

  1. I played it! But it feels very easy to win in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed I didn't submit my comment... I thought I did...
    I guess i'll retype it... but not really

    You should try getting 2^32 or 2^64 chips, exciting stuff happens.

    The cards are random so it shouldn't be too easy. I don't know the probabilities of dealer winning using the rules I use, but they're pretty close to casino rules and they wouldn't want to lose money.

    ReplyDelete